Friday, September 12, 2008

Three o'clock, and all's well.

Let's see... this week I've conquered a scratchy throat and a large pile of laundry. I watched a wonderful movie called "Kinky Boots," which is not what it sounds like. I'm feeling good about improv things, if a little unfocused in the organizational department. I've spent a lot of time in the car, mostly listening to Janis Joplin. Remembered to call my Dad to wish him a happy birthday. Got the next tattoo design worked out with my artist friend. Keeping things moving along with Grandma, who has finished her physical therapy sessions and has actually shown some improvement in balance and movement. Had rehearsal, and drinks after with the girls (the boys rarely go out with us, their loss). Got a haircut. Babysat. Got coffee with Jess, and looked at Halloween decor. Really a bunch of ordinary, day-to-day stuff.

I feel like I should have written a little about last weekend's Festival events, but there's not much to say beyond how awesome they were, and how much I enjoyed being part of it. The workshops were beyond worthwhile - learned stuff, and met cool people. It was great to see the house packed two nights in a row, and I hope this weekend's turnout is just as good. Front-of-house was a change for me, and I have to admit I like dressing up! Friday night's party was simply a blast... who knew we'd have our own pianist?!? Saturday... well, the half-hour I spent there was marvelous, but I did need to get home. I missed Hans, and I'd kind of hit my social wall. I'm still an introvert, believe it or not, and it was time for some quiet.

I know there won't be a huge audience for the Hypothetical 7 this Saturday at the Roving Imp, since everyone who's anyone will be at the Festival, but I'm excited about it! Not only is it our first show directed by Nifer, we're doing a musical number! It'll be the one where Joe asks an audience member about his/her day, and then we sing a song about it. Cerrome's playing my guitar, the pretty little Baby Taylor. I'd play, but he's better! Plus, I can't play and sing at the same time yet, at least not when I'm making up the words as I go.

Well, this was rambling and pointless, and I should probably try to get a little sleep. I'll return soon with your regularly-scheduled profundity.

No comments: