To everyone involved in the Kansas City Improv Festival:
Thank you! It's been a long time since I've felt the energy of opening night, it's finally here, the culmination of months of work for the art we love, the moment the headaches were worth it, the we-knew-it-would-be-good-but-WOW! It's been a long time since I loved stage managing, and last night reminded me that the best part is helping a show run smoothly* with people who amaze and delight me. That's you, improvisers. That's you, Roving Imps, Those People and CounterClockwise. That's you, Dennis DuPont. That's you, Improv-Abilities. That's you, Jessica Robins. That's you, Pete Calderone. That's you, Tom Kessler, Bob Dusin, and everyone else who came to usher or help backstage. That's you, Sara Bossler, tech goddess of the Off Center Theater. That's you, everyone with whom I'll get to do it again tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. Thank you for helping me find that thing I love so much, and missed more than I realized.
I'll have to save the rest of the gushing for a post-festival entry, because it's almost one, call is at five, and I have a few errands to run.
But have ya got six more minutes to share the happiness with me?
*Not making a show run smoothly, like I've said in the past. This is a new discovery for me. It's like a plant growing. All I have to do is gently guide it, stand by for the unexpected, and know where the first aid kit** is.
**Scott: take a flashlight next time you go exploring backstage.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hugs, love, and bunny rabbits in return to you, you amazing human!
Post a Comment