Guess who hasn't bothered to post her most intimate thoughts to the interwebs in over a month? My goodness, someone should be ashamed of herself!
I've moved to a considerably smaller town than any of my previous residences. Though it is minutes away, the separation is evident. I have a feeling I will be "other" here. I've already been asked once by a complete stranger if I've found a church yet, and the quilting shop is a front for missionaries. People are nice, nonetheless.
I've moved to a somewhat bigger house, with an enormous yard. I can play out there for hours, planting stuff and pulling dead growth and sketching trees and throwing sticks for the dogs. They never bring the sticks back, but they like the chasing part. Inside, there are actually spaces available to dedicate to specific hobbies. No more of of that sewing-machine-in-the-bedroom, circular-saw-in-the-kitchen crap. And somehow, and this is the best part, it's been really easy to keep it clean so far. I mean, I can generate a lot of clutter in a month - but the house isn't junked up yet. I've even been doing real cleaning, like with sprays and rags and mops. What the...? I used to hate cleaning!
The improv troupe had a show tonight, a little on the off side overall. Weird energy, quiet audience, everyone with some recent major thing like moving or work shakeups, rehearsals missed, members lost... but in a low-key show like this one, some amazing moments can be created, and some lessons can be learned. On which I do not feel like elaborating right now, but I probably will soon. Anyway, the show goes on.
Oh, and I love cooking on a gas stove. Fire good.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm just biding my time until I can skin Nifer and create an actual dress out of her. That was just practice.
You should play fair, you know. Have the dogs throw the sticks and then YOU not fetch them.
Post a Comment