I have no idea how long I've been feeling this way, but I woke up with the metaphor this morning. There are giant holes in me, and they get bigger by the hour. There's one person in my life who doesn't make demands of me, and I end up taking him for granted because I have nothing left when the rest of the world has had its way.
Everything I'm doing? I don't want to do it anymore. I'm not magic, I'm not special. You people don't need me as much as you think you do. You're capable of solving your own problems. Just let me go, dammit, let me go. My infrastructure is crumbling fast, and if I put off repairs any longer, there's going to be some kind of major disaster.
Don't worry, I won't back out of most of my current obligations. But I'm going to be more protective of my time and energy... and there are some things on the chopping block.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment