Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And the winner is...

Grr. When I search Google Images for "falling bookshelf," I should see a picture of a fully loaded bookshelf falling on some poor sucker. Haven't any of those idiotic stunt shows done that? Has nobody posted a picture of this on the internet? That's simply unthinkable.

I needed a reference to draw the logo of my newly-launching bookstore, Aaaiiieee! Books. The name is inspired by a Patrick McManus book, Kid Camping from Aaaaiii! to Zip, which was not only a childhood favorite of mine, but an influence on my problem-solving skills. Anyway, the shop logo will be a cartoon of a loaded shelf falling on some poor sucker who's shouting in a bubble, "AAAIIIEEE!"

Now I just need a stupid teenage boy to push a shelf onto, and a video phone.

Incidentally, I saw some very elegant bookcases at http://freshome.com/2008/02/25/30-of-the-most-creative-bookshelves-designs/ Gorgeous stuff.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Watch The Mummy. Great scene with tons of falling bookshelves